.The undertaking of packing all your treasured memorabilia and necessities can be made easier by following these few simple techniques:
Use the proper packing materials. It will payoff in the long run! Sturdy boxes, packing tape, bubble wrap, and packing peanuts can all be purchased at local moving or shipping companies. Wardrobe boxes and other specialty boxes can be found there too. Sturdy boxes can also be retrieved from wholesale companies, at no charge, after a shipment. Other great types of reasonably priced padding for your boxes include wadded up newspaper, old pillows and blankets.
The following is a list of tools and materials to make your packing go more smoothly:
Razor knife and/or Scissors
Dark, water resistant marker
Boxes of all sizes
- Pack one room at a time labeling each box appropriately (on top and side) with a description of its contents and which room the box belongs in. Also label boxes containing breakable or sentimental items with Fragile. Keep a detailed list of what items are packed in each box to make unpacking easier.
- Empty all drawers of breakable or spillable items. To keep from unnecessary damage, it’s a good idea to put all furniture knobs, feet, screws, etc. in one container that you can keep with you so the parts won't get lost.
- Do not pack flammable goods or heat sensitive items like candles, records, audio and video tapes, computer disks, propane tanks, aerosol cans, oil based paints, and certain cleaning fluids.
- Wrap items individually and always place a layer of crushed paper in the bottom of the carton for cushioning. Fill empty spaces with additional crushed paper.
- Make sure cartons are firmly packed with heavier items on bottom and lighter ones on top.
- If you'll be putting some boxes in storage, make sure to pack according to the seasons during which your things will be in storage and mark the boxes accordingly.
- Put heavy items in small boxes so that they're easier to carry
- When packing the truck, make sure the items you'll need first are loaded in last (i.e. kids toys, kitchen items, telephone and radio) to make access easier.
- Use common sense when loading your truck by keeping in mind the size, sturdiness, and weight of your boxes.
- Plan ahead for what you'll need the first day after your move. Packing a separate bag with your toiletries, a change of clothes, etc. will avoid unnecessary scrambling or a run to the local store
- If possible, move on a weekday when banks, utilities, and government offices are open.
This is a 3rd party referral site all calls are serviced by independent contractors, read website policy.
BEST BUILDING MAINTENANCE, CLEANING, HANDYMAN SERVICES AND JUNK REMOVAL IN LAS VEGAS NEVADA! SEND US A QUICK MESSAGE. CLICK HERE!